This privacy statement applies to personal and other information collected on the Work Inspiration website.
Collection of personal information
We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When you complete forms on this website (including surveys, search forms, competition entry forms, registration forms, and other forms).
- When you create, modify, or use any accounts or registered user facilities available through this website.
- In the course of receiving questions, comments or other communications from you.
Additionally, as you navigate through this website, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your active participation). This will be done using technologies and means such as internet protocol addresses, cookies, internet tags, and navigational data collection. Information collected may include:
- server addresses
- top-level domain names
- dates and times of visits to the website
- pages accessed
- documents downloaded
- links clicked on
- search terms used
- previous websites visited
- the type of browser and operating system used
- the type of device used
- demographic information such as age group and gender (however, this information does not allow us to identify you personally).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can manually disable cookies – check your browser’s help section.
Use of your information
The personal information we collect will be used to operate this website, assist you with career information and advice, provide you with services you have authorised and requested, and provide you with advice and information we think may help you. We may also use your personal information to:
- respond to any questions or correspondence from you
- improve this website and any related services
- carry out internal research and development
- provide you with information about a service you are using (including critical updates and announcements)
- eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information
- customise this website to suit your particular preferences and interests
- send a message you have created using this website – the message could be to us, or any other recipient specified by you
- analyse website usage, trends and statistics
- supply you with further information concerning products and services we think could be of interest to you (with your permission)
- carry out any other use authorised by you, or told to you at the time of collection.
We may use or disclose your personal information if you have authorised us to do so, or if we have told you about the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure.
We may also use or disclose your personal information in any of the following circumstances:
- We believe use or disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Tertiary Education Commission (including, without limitation, employees or contractors of the Tertiary Education Commission), or enforce any legal rights we may have.
- We believe use or disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of you, us, or others.
- We believe use or disclosure is necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance or their functions.
- We are required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Confidentiality and security of information you supply
We will take every reasonable precaution to ensure your personal information is stored securely and cannot be accessed by others. However, you should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with transmitting personal information across the internet.
Access to users’ personal information
You are entitled to access, request or correct the personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting our privacy officer.
The Privacy Officer
Tertiary Education Commission
PO Box 27-048
Your contact details
To ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date, please notify our privacy officer of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible.